Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83441
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 5DR WRX
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
already managed to get sap on my car! not parked under a tree! simply driving!

haha. this new car thing may have been a bad idea, the first scratch will likely kill me.
Get a coat of wax on it! I spent 7 hours on Monday detailing mine. As soon as I got done washing it the lawn care crew for the carwash came and started throwing grass and leaves into the air. By the time I finally got done it was dark and I couldn't enjoy my work.

Some thoughts:
  • I'm having trouble with reverse. It's tough when I only want to back up like 5 feet. It's such a touchy task.
  • How should I be washing near the hood scoop? I know when it's raining water has to got to be pouring in there, but something feels wrong about pointing the hose directly at it.
  • WHY is the button for the armrest extension right on the front of the armrest... right where my arm goes!? Silly design.
  • Red footwell illumination is nice. It's not too bright or too noticeable. It fits perfectly with all the other red accents and lights.
  • Stock exhaust definitely is very audible with the radio off. I imagine SPT would have been too much for me.
  • This rear view mirror sure is low...
  • AWD is night and day different that my girlfriend's FWD car. There's no spin. It just goes.

All us '13 or soon-to-be '13 owners in the Grand/Evanston/etc area need to meet up and get a group shot when everyone has their car. I'd love to have a picture of all the new cars we waited for. I've checked out the schaumburg meetup thread a few times but they always scare me off.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mclrn227; 10-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.
mclrn227 is offline   Reply With Quote