View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 02:59 AM   #1
wickedwrxwagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 18948
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default America's quickest wrx update!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but here goes....

First off thanx for all the great words and e mails about my car thank you all!! My car was shot last week for a feature in Super Street!!! They loved the car and took about 30 rolls of film. Hopefully, the car will be in Super Street in a few months!!

I added a few mods this last few weeks to try to get my wagon in the 11's.

First off I changed my vf23 for a vf30. I believe the extra power at the top will help a bit at the track. For street use I would stick with the 23 though guys it has much more "useable" power!!

We also added an inlet pipe that replaced the TINY stock one. This mod should definitely help out. For those of you that have done this mod you know how much of a joke that stock inlet pipe is. We installed the inlet pipe without taking off the manifold. It does make the install much easier if you remove the turbo prior to the inlet pipe install.

I also added an Afc by Apex. This mod was amazing in getting more low end power and leaning out the extremely rich condition all wrx's have. Remember all my fuel components as well as ecu are STOCK. I removed the little sun visor above the rear view mirror and mounted it there.....it looks excellent. Even with all my mods at high boost the mixture is still really rich. The afc helped out tremendously in getting a bit less of a rich mixture.

Next, I put my wagon on a bit of a diet losing about 150 lbs total.
I swapped the 18's for some lighter 17's and went with a real sticky meaty tire.

Well that's it for now.....I'm getting the car ready for Battle of the Imports this weekend in Virginia. We are taking our Civic race car and figured we'll take the Wagon and have some fun!!

Any I-club guys out there come say hello.

I'll keep you all updated and if anyone has ANY questions keep them coming...

e mail to me or through www.driversimage.com

Gregg

12.20 @ 114.....till this weekend ( I hope!)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wickedwrxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote