Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

MeanEditor (whom I am guessing is Ryan under a new screenname?),

I think my car and dyno results helps to support the point you are trying to make. I ran the spicy cams for nearly 2 years before I did the headwork, and have before and after dyno runs. What I found with my car is that the headwork just bumped the powercurve. It didn't shift it at all, and my peak HP is made at pretty much the exact same RPM's that is was at before the headwork. This suggests to me that it's the cam that's setting that point.

Pat Olsen,
Regarding the drivetrain loss? I think it actually becomes very close to a constant at higher power levels. The problem with our datasets is that as NA guys we don't have enough power to get up into that power level where it becomes constant. I am pretty good friends with Xephyr, and he tracks all this kind of stuff VERY closely on his personal car and models stuff over and over and over. What he has found on his personal 400+whp vehicle was that above around 300whp his driveline losses were pretty much the same number of HP regardless of if he's at 300whp, 350whp or 400whp. Basically, in his experience, it's between a 70-75hp loss due to driveline and dyno inertia...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt Monson is offline   Reply With Quote