View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #183
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 70395
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker View Post
Frst I'd like to say that the faq and many of the posts have been extremely helpful. I am 21 years old however and love that BOV sound and would love to have it. I'd never do anything to my car that would be harmful though, a *slight* performance loss I wouldnt mind if it's something that makes the car more enjoyable since this is just my daily driver...my T/A is for the performance =).

So all that being said what I am still confused about is if "The downside of releasing the air to atmosphere is that it has already been metered by the mass air sensor, and when it blows off, the ECU will be injecting the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders" that it seems obvious that relocating The MAF to after the air has been released into the atmosphere like others have suggested would give you a correct reading and solve the running rich problem...what seems obvious and what really is aren't always the same though. I've read that this does and I've also read that it doesnt solve the problem...leading to the confusion. If it does not solve the problem would anyone be able to explain why not?
Search "blow through (thru) MAF" or you can go speed density (MAP based fueling).These are not new concepts.This has been done for decades with other MAF based forced induction vehciles.This is not just a Subaru thing.The problem with the blow thru MAF is most people think you can just move the MAF without having to retune.Not so.Plus you have now moved the airmeter in to a highly pressurized area where it maybe not is designed to be and is exposed to more turbulance than being in front of the turbo.Too much work for a frigg'n kazoo.Also more benifits of using a BPV.
http://spdusa.com/blow-off_valves.htm
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by quazimoto; 09-04-2008 at 02:23 PM.
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote