Member#: 12347
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
ECU ReProgramming
Dynapack AWD Dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterous
Guys,

After tuning my car I decided to do four high speed pulls to test everything. On the forth pull I noticed that my EGTs were getting as high as 960C/1760F. Obviously thats was not good. I fixed the issue but I am wondering if those four pulls have a potential to cause break anything. Obviously I am worried about valves, rings, etc... The car only has 4500 miles on it (forty five hundred) and I only really started modding it two weeks ago.
High EGT's just means you are making power, of course there is a point at which EGT's will be far too high. This usually is due to improper tuning, and the ECU is pulling out timing due to detonation.

I would ask people that have had higher EGT's for extended period of time what problems they have had, such as TheMadScientist.

Also note, low EGT's mean you are not making much power and are playing on the conservative side. This is a good option for those people playing tuner on their own vehicle. Otherwise unless you know what to look/listen for you might have a really large paper weight on your desk.

Cheers,
William T. Knose Jr.
Lead Programmer
I-Speed USA
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Crawford/I-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote