Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158150
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaty View Post
Yes, it does. Though the relationship between the spike and throttle plate angle is better than the relationship between the spike and MAP in PSIg (AKA MRP) due to the way the ECU is calculating PSIg.

God, that's not a choice I would have made. I'm shocked he's willing to tune with the open source tools as for years he was ranting on about how everyone will steal his secret sauce if he did anything other than a locked tune on an AccessPort.

Remember that there is never positive pressure in a NA. So the right side of the table is still negative PSIg but does represent full throttle.

I would also caution you not to think of it as load being "artificially added". The values in the MRP vs RPM table are there because under some environmental conditions, there really will be that kind of error. So, I would be leaving those two tables alone because they could have critical duties during weird things like driving in a snowstorm at 13,000 feet or something.

I will say you have the right idea to lead you to the fix I found, you're just poking at tables I think are a little risky to dick with.

Seems we are cut from a similar logical cloth. I am pretty much certain I know what to do now, I just need to get the stuff to remove the helmholtz chamber, and etc then start logging the values to correspond to the tables I want to edit, and get started making the adjustments.

I'm considering a 0 out of the MRP/load comp tables and perhaps do it all via throttle position or 0 out the mrp/load comp at ultra low loads and do it all via throttle position and leave the other end of the map the same....

Still sorting out all that in my head, the dependencies, possible complications and etc.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gdoggmoney is offline   Reply With Quote