Old 02-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Member#: 54918
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

You said it tried to start when you spilled gas into the injector hole. This tells me you're not getting enough fuel, but the crank trigger has syncronized, and your getting spark. Most say I have the cranking enrichement too high but in your case it may be too low or the map itself may be too lean. Nine out of ten times it will start if it's too rich but it won't start if it's too lean.

Try turning the key on and off about 5-6 times as this will prime the engine with lots of fuel and then try to start it. If it's attempting to start then you know it's just not getting enough fuel...why your car isn't getting enough fuel and most experience richness at start up, I'm not sure. I looked at your map and it does have my older crank enrichement settings vs. the new one which has been modified for colder weather.

If it seemed to run well on the stock ecu with 816 cc injectors I would say you have a fuel deliver issue vs. a tuning issue.

The last instance a car would not start with the Hydra the boost/vacuum line was installed improperly and the other had the coil pack connectors reversed. Also make sure you have at least 10.4 volts while cranking.

Send me an email and I'll try and trouble shoot with you tomorrow after my tune.

Thanks,
Phil
www.elementtuning.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote