rogue
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7977
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
100% Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0wnShifT View Post
Great thoughts. I was also considering writing a note and putting it on the door of the neighbors to see if anyone would actually come speak with me about it. Hell, this whole thing could be fixed if i backed into my garage so the sound would be pointed a different way when i start it up, but without knowing what exactly is pissing them off is what is frustrating. Like I said before my car doesn't wake up my wife or my kids, one of which is RIGHT ABOVE THE GARAGE. This is what makes me wonder wtf, is it really that loud or are they just overly sensitive.

Hell, my neighbor has a 70s Chevy pickup with a 350 in it that is far from quiet. I wonder if he got a letter too.
Which neighbor wrote the note IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Give it up.

You do NOT deserve a face to face to talk about this. The car is too loud.

I wrote the note, okay? I'm Spartacus. NO ONE here agrees that you need to be able to "confront" the person who wrote it.

The note claims to represent the views of several neighbors, and I can certainly see why. A TXS exhaust is LOUD.

I'm glad you said you'd be willing to get a quieter exhaust. Do you have the stock catback still? Put that on. If you can get a quieter SPT or Prodrive that might be good, I had Prodrives on two WRXes and they WERE fairly quiet... but 5 AM is still ass early, and I don't know if it'd be quiet enough.

Here's another thought: park outside your neighborhood. I don't know where you live, but in my case if my car was loud I could park a couple of blocks over and walk two minutes to it. Do that until you sort out the noise issue.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.