Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
LOL - drama queen.

My 2005 STi didn't have auto levelers - was I blinding anybody? Didn't think so. Does the outgoing Forester have auto levelers? Many cars don't have auto levelers. Besides reflector-based HIDs aren't nearly as powerful as projector based. Most all of the German HIDs are projection and are auto-leveling because it is a safety issue on those things. My 1er's lights are freaking bright as hell.
The STI uses a manual leveling system (do you remember the switch on the left side of the dash?).. the reflectors were also designed specifically for HIDs.

The outgoing Forester most certainly had auto levelers.
http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forest...ester2013.html

If a car sold in the US doesn't have a manual leveling system for the HIDs (which is extremely rare), it has an auto leveling system... it's a DOT regulation for all new cars with HIDs.

Reflector or projector, the "power" is the same.. since the bulbs are the same. Projectors tend to send less light above the horizontal (ie: a sharper cutoff) making them appear brighter to the driver, while reflectors send more light above, making them appear brighter to oncoming traffic.

HIDs in halogen reflectors are the trifecta of bad lighting.. you're going to scatter too much of your light above the horizontal at oncoming traffic, have hotspots on the road and it will look terrible.

You're already on 'The Retrofit Source'.. they sell great projector kits designed for HIDs.. so why not do it right?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote