Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #557
turbomacharged
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 375426
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Blue

Default Thanks a bunch

I created a profile on this site so I could say thanks. I appreciate the time you took to share your learning for the benefit of others.

In case anybody was wondering all the same goes for the Legacy GT. Here's my P0171 story. About three weeks ago I got a P0171 and checked all the easy culprits. Vacuum Hoses, filter box, visual checked the MAF sensor. The next day my radiator exploded on the freeway (completely unrelated, I assume), and while I had things apart I again checked all the hoses I could find, and even bought some MAF cleaner and drowned the sensor.
After changing the radiator out the CEL went away for a couple of weeks. Then, the day after Thanksgiving I was headed down the freeway and noticed that my instantaneous MPG reading was 4 to 6 MPG low. I went for about 40 or 50 miles that way before the CEL came back. I racked my brain and nearly exhausted my google searching ability before I came across this thread.
After checking most all the other options I concluded that it must be the O2 sensor. I don't have a Subaru buddy that I can swap parts out with (My little brother with a Leggy GT lives in Cali) so I took a chance and bought the part on Amazon. As of a few days later all seems to be normal, fuel economy has returned to normal, and I'm happy.

Thanks again for your thread. Much appreciated.

Ian
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
turbomacharged is offline   Reply With Quote