bobdole888
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316658
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza limited
5dr silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
I dunno about the accelerate slowly bit. My take on it is get to whatever your cruising speed is going to be and back off. It seems to me that getting 12mpg for 5-10 seconds is better than getting 18 for 20. You also get the bump in mpg up to 30+ when you back off to cruise.

Did that make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
You're assuming that Subaru reported numbers to the EPA that weren't in sync with their test data, and that this explains why you're disappointed with your Impreza's MPGs.

I'm going to guess that Subaru conducted the EPA tests correctly, and then reported the numbers correctly. So I'm not expecting Subaru to be sending me cash anytime soon.
I do suspect that Subaru didn't conduct the EPA test properly.

Think about it, ALL models of Impreza with CVT get identical MPG rating. Doesn't that seem suspicious?
The hacth and sedan have different cd (hatch has 0.33cd, sedan has 0.31cd) they both get the same MPG. There are 3 different tire/wheel sizes used on the impreza...they all give the same MPG?
How about the sport model, they have the roof rails that adds extra drag...no MPG difference?
How about the Limited sport model, it weighs 176 lb more than the base hatch model...no MPG difference.

Doesn't it make you wonder how all these different impreza models are getting the exact same MPG?
Is there not the slightest possibility that Subaru might have tested improperly, or made similar errors that Hyundai did?

My understanding is that Hyundai made mistakes on feeding in data on cd, weight, rolling/coasting resistance data that's used to simulate real driving condition in a EPA testing environment on dynamos.

Are you so confident that Subaru did everything correct?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bobdole888 is offline   Reply With Quote