View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
toolbox1234
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201466
Vehicle:
03 Baja
yellow

I have an 03 baja 2.5 n/a that had a very wierd problem. When driving and you let off the gas to coast, upshift, downshift, or just to come to a stop, the engine would surge almost like tapping the brake pedal every 2 seconds. Then when at a stop, the idle would surge up and down and then finally settle. It was at the dealership for almost 2 weeks with them working on it every day, and after all was said and done it was the rear 02 sensor. It was the strangest thing either they or I had ever seen. They replaced the IAC, throttle body, tps, front 02, engine ECU, and then finally when they replaced the rear 02 it went away. There were no codes, and no indication that anything was malfunctioning when you looked at the data on the scan tool. Wierd ****. So even though yours obviously doesnt have the symptoms that mine had, it could very well be the rear 02 sensor, they can act very strange when going bad. If you replace it you should use an 02 sensor socket so you dont strip the nut on it and have to cut it out. It looked like it wasnt too hard to get at....Good luck, and post if it helped or not.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
toolbox1234 is offline   Reply With Quote