Old 02-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
ez bturbo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 56048
Vehicle:
2004 baja turbo 5spd
black/dark gray

Smile My new baja turbo!

I traded in my 00 ford contour svt on 2/14 for it, and after some complications with the options (just got done finally installed today, but Ive been driving the car for over a week now) I am good to go. This is my first subaru.

Its a 5 speed manual black/charcoal gray, and I had the following options put on it:
Turbo boost gauge
Bed cover and Bed Extender
mudflaps, moonroof wind deflector

Like many others, I wanted the all blue one, but I also didnt want to wait 45-90 days, and I got a very nice deal on this one.

The gauge is cool, but the lighting is white vs. green of the rest of the gauges, but hey its definately a quality piece.

The bed cover seemed like a good idea at the time, but there is a large plastic portion between the chrome cargo bed sport bars which looks like it will effectively cut down the bed even more for tall usable space. I guess it would also be more functional if you could open the tailgate without having to remove a portion of the cover.

The car(?) -- awesome. Smooth riding, nice handling (but not awesome), and very torquey, very fast. I believe it has to be a bit underated a 210 hp /235 tq. I have yet to really get on it (has 800 miles now), so I dont know what the top end will be like, but I have hit around 5k rpm a couple of times and it pulls hard for a 3600 pound vehicle.

Anyhow, here is a link to some pics i put together, it was kinda a hurried effort, but you get the idea. The first 8 or 9 were the day I got the car, the later ones are with the options installed from today.
(copy and paste link to browser window).
http://www24.brinkster.com/ezerner/baja/index.htm

I am very bad about modifying my cars, but I understand subaru doesnt seem to be too tolerant of that, so I am going to leave it bone stock for as long as I can stand. Hopefully that will be at least a year, maybe two, while I concentrate on my 00 camaro SS.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ez bturbo is offline   Reply With Quote