Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Sol555
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341618
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WR Blue

Default First time to Sno*Drift- Suggestions?

I couldn't decide if this should go in the Motorsports section, but since the intent isn't to report schedules or other competition information, I decided to post it here.

I've been to STPR and I plan on going back this year, but there is a good chance I will be overseas again in the summer. So I've decided to make the Sno*Drift Rally January 25th and 26th. Here's a few question I have for anyone who's been and/or can provide some info to make the trip all it can be.

1. What are the best stages to spectate? I know this can be personal preference. I prefer to hit at least two. I read something about jumps...is that a yearly feature?

2. Weather. I've never been farther north in Michigan than Grand Rapids and I will be driving in from Ohio. The roads in/around the Rally appear (from Google Earth) to be very isolated. Are the roads well plowed? Or would a couple of inches the last night mean I was stuck at the hotel?

3. Would you suggest staying in Atlanta or Lewiston? The Friday start is in Lewiston, but Saturday is departing from Atlanta. There aren't any chain hotels up there, so are there any lodges I should avoid? Reviews are hard to come by.

Thanks for the help.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sol555 is offline   Reply With Quote