Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338666
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2022 Crosstrek Ltd.
Magnetite Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstroy View Post
If it tries to steer itself when your foot is on the gas, it's just the awd.
Torque steer is a result of unequal length half shafts. Subaru is not unequal, to the beat of my knowlege.

I don't know if it is true or a dealer didn't know what he was telling me, but I was led to believe that the power steering pump is electric, rather than belt driven. (An electric pump moving power steering fluid through the system.) The amount of force needed to move the wheel has nothing to do with the type of system. A buddies '69 Coronet R/T 440 steered so easy you needed 1 finger for anything you wanted to do. No feel at all because it was so over boosted.

As for steering input, my '03 REX was always very precise, as is my '13 premium. Using a light hand on the wheel seems to be better than using a death grip, for lack of a better term. I do notice a change after swapping the stock tires out for the winters, or vice versa. After a day or two, I really don't notice it any more. (It seems twitchy until I get used to it.)

I might suggest a tire rotation, to see if something changes. (Tire pressure was already mentioned.)

Perhaps take an independent shop, and ask them if they would check the alignment.

John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote