Old 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #28
Donutz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 148803
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
11 WRX 4dr
96 Impreza 3.6RS (EZ36R)

the event, though it may be called a time trial, will be run like a PDX. The reason for the simplified classes and lack of information on transponders is because it will not be a competition event in which lap times are recorder but rather run like a PDX in which you are just getting the track time. The simplified classes were chosen so that first timers could register without getting bogged down in NASA or SCCA classing (as anyone who regularly attends an autocross can vouch for as being extremely cumbersome to beginners). As for the helmets current regulations regarding helmet use are required through a roll bar and such are not. If you're helmet is OK to run in the SCCA SOLO, hillclimb, time trial, road race or NASA events, it is good to go here though SA 2010 is preferred (NO MOTORCYCLE OR DIRTBIKE HELMETS. PERIOD.) If you do not have an SA helmet they will have some for rent. I apologize for any resulting confusion, though the track is still trying to get it's bearings with running these events and wants to provide the community, particularly those of us with Subarus, with affordable track time that doesn't bury you with classing rules or put you in heated competition with people fighting over season points. If you have any more questions feel free to post up here (my apologies for the lack of correspondence, it will be much more maintained) or email me at [email protected], or contact Sylvia at [email protected].

Spark notes:

1. How much is transponder rental, and how/where should I mount it...? Transponders rent for $15/day with a requirement of a credit card number that can be run if the transponder is not returned. As to mounting, there should be a clear shot to the ground. It will be determined on site if we use them though it is my understanding that that is unlikely

2. What are the rules for modifications for each TT class? Does it loosely follow SCCA autocross classing? Yes

3. Since this is a Time Trial, previous track experience is a
requirement...? I have a few friends that may come with me if they can get an instructor (no previous track experience). Yes, there will be a novice class with an additional $10 for the instructor

4. Will a Snell M-rated helmet be allowed, or must it be Snell SA-rated? If SA is a requirement, how much is helmet rental? 2005 MA helmets can be used. We have some for rent for $10/day with a $100 security fee (can be credit card number that it not run unless not returned on a good check for $100 that can be returned at the end of the day.
Hope this has helped.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Donutz; 11-24-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote