Scooby Guru

Member#: 142608
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2003 Sonic Yellow
Marginally well behaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfaceType-R View Post
Pretty interesting, shawn. How does she spool on the street?

No avcs, right?

Carmi (new sn)
It spools great...only thing i wish is that it was a little more linear...but for the power it's making, it's very impressive on the spool side of things. Can't believe that this thing is capable of easily 50 WHP more. Turbo was actually designed to run 26-27 psi. The engine increased off-boost response significantly, and the turbo is making a bar of boost by 3500...so the car feels plenty quick down low.

No, no AVCS, which i'm regretting just a little bit with this build. I think the power would have come on a lot smoother and a bit sooner with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tja1618 View Post
Pretty excited to see this seeing as I have a 71HTA on order my self. Although I'm putting mine on a stock 2.0L in a 2003 WRX. I'll be running pump gas as well, so I'm not expecting these kind of numbers. Either way that's pretty impressive.

Have you seen this turbo on a 2.0L? I wonder how much different it will spool...I'm getting my stock manifold ported with a new crosspipe and EWG.
Havn't seen this turbo on anything. Mine is the first Suby to have one.

I would personally think this turbo really needs E85 to perform the way it was designed. As stated above, it was originally developed for use in higher boost applications.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Squidz; 10-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Squidz is offline   Reply With Quote