Member#: 2992
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default Re: What's The Deal????

Quote:
Originally posted by STI 2 NV
So, he may not even be getting one in the first shipment and if he does it may not even be blue. So, now I'm pissed because I may not even see my ride until august or so, which then gives me a month or two of nice weather and then into the garage it goes!!! He also tells me that he basically may only see 5 in the year. How is that possible? They are a good-selling dealership. Subaru is making over 5,000. So, how would they only get 5. I'm pretty confused and pissed now. Also, he gave me a choice of rims. Gold and gunmetal are going to be available. What's the deal???????????
By all accounts, STi allocation will be based on the dealership's WRX sales. This seems, to me, to be the fairest possible scheme. Perhaps your dealership is good at selling Foresters to women but not so good at selling WRXes. A dealership that's pretty much guaranteed to receive a truckfull of STi's in the first allocation is Van Bortel, near Rochester, since they're the number #2 retailer of Subarus in the US.

The STi isn't meant to be a garage queen.

Your choices of wheel color are dictated by a company called Subaru Distributors Corp., which is independent of Subaru of America and has exclusive rights to selll Subarus to dealerships in New York and northern New Jersey. If you want the SOA wheel color choices, buy your car in PA.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Jon [in CT]; 02-20-2003 at 06:21 PM.