Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 297348
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Plasti-Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris View Post
If you could post up some pictures of the front and rear sway bar installed on the car, we can tell if it's flipped.

My STI is an 06, so it is a different part, but very similar.

I can't measure my ride height right now since it's in the body shop, but here's a tiny picture to get the idea of what it's set at. I should be getting the car back early next week and I can measure it.

Okay thanks! I am not sure if I'm even able to post pictures yet lol.. well my ride height looks sorta like this, however, there are some differences ... I am sure you have 18s, and I'm sure the initial fender gap wasn't as HUGE as mine in the front. I definitely have dropped over 2 inches in the front as it was insane how huge it was. So in your case you may be up higher in the threads on the coilovers and would still have this nice gap reduction.

With that being said and after extensive reading on dampers and the internal bumpstops I really believe I am just too close to them, being lower, the shock travel is too short getting to the bump stops rather quickly , not enough stock stroke so all the its doing is transmitting the shock loads right to the chassis at a much higher effective spring rate with no real damping going on...serious harshness which is pretty much what I think I'm feeling.

I will be adjusting hopefully tomorrow and seeing if this will resolve itself?

Now my other question is? Are these shocks removable as to be able to modify the bump stop?? I am thinking not lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.