gabedude
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10108
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1874 Bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
What kind of boost (therefore exhaust pressure) are you supporting with the 20 PSI spring?
Unknown variable. It is an 8CM^2 or .57 A/R with all port matched G/S pipes to the turbo and a 3 inch catless out back (one of my other upgrades is the G/S up pipe). I can hit 35 PSI with my Blouch TD05 20G and a non port matched (G/S x-pipe, nvidia up) with the actuator it came with. I have not dared to try and boost higher on that turbo. There is going to be some back pressure, and 10CM^2 would be better, but I will just have to see. I also have a 28 PSI spring I can add in.

I know people had some problems in the past with the regular actuators on these turbos, but I have seen some plots where boost on this turbo with this actuator (20 PSI spring) just shoots up @ ~3800 RPM. I might run another test with some springs holding gate shut, but I doubt I will need to. If it is laggy, I will just bolt the gate closed and see how it spools, then go from there.

EVO guys are seeing good results with the new actuators as well as some folks in Australia and NZ.

The only EVO guys who had problems were using a TD05 turbine wheel + 25G compressor wheel. This is two steps up.

Mainly, I just wanted to make sure it worked and did not leak.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gabedude is offline   Reply With Quote