Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Yes, there are two numbers out of wack there, drop them and look at the remaining ones, and it gives you a pretty reliable average (31.875 combined MPG for the last 10 entries not including the 128 and 8 mpg outliers).

No, I don't have a CVT. But when someone here with a CVT states they meet or exceed the EPA numbers you ignore them.

Some drivers are meeting or exceeding the EPA numbers. You are not one of them. If you feel cheated, sorry. The EPA numbers seem to be pretty reasonable for the car, overall on Fuelly the Combined Average is 28 or so. A 5 Speed is rated at 28 Combined, a CVT is rated at 30 Combined. The fuelly number has been climbing, not falling, as more data is accumulated.

Some types of driving will kill the MPG's for this car. So it is a buyer beware situation, if you live in the city and do short drives with a cold engine, or do lots of stop and go, or live in the wild west where you drive 70+ all the time, or you think the car is slow so you hammer the hell out of the accelerator, your mpg's will not approach the EPA estimates.

I only drive on the highway occasionally, usually about 65mph, and do a lot of winding hilly country roads at about 50mph, with stops. I hit the Combined with my drive.

It is accurate to say you don't achieve the EPA numbers and you think you should. It is inaccurate to suggest the EPA numbers for the car cannot be achieved.

I can comment on the CVT's without owning one, because I can look at the posts of CVT users, and the data of CVT owners on Fuelly, and the EPA numbers for the CVT, and speak to the data that is there that anyone can compare and discuss.

And there is the first amendment of blogs, also.

I don't need your car, thanks for the generous offer. I will take the Boss 302 out for a spin though, maybe this summer, if the offer still stands...
Listen.. You love your car and you are happy with your MPG's I get it... I have not ignored any CVT drivers claims.. Many are not hand calc and Porky sounds like he lives in a very rural area, hence the bell curve.. not what most drivers deal with.

Whatever.. All I know is what my car should be achieving and it is not.. You just stated.. you drive on the highway occasionly... and alot of winding hilly roads,, well i dont, flat Highway mostly and my car is only hitting the City MPG claims.. and the CVT is rated higher.. can you explain why? I dont feel cheated I have been cheated.. Why else would I spend time explaining that, as many others have also. I dont get your point. My point is simple.. MY car does not meet the advertised MPG's, and Many others do not as well. I dont have any numbers.. but start a poll and ask how many Impreza owners feel their cars are hitting the advertised MPG's. Bet you will get alot of NO, BUT???

And for the Boss.. The Boss is an amazing car.. Best Mustang ever produced .. Shelby owners with 600+ HP have traded in there cars for a Boss. Perfectly Balanced. If you ever do have the chance.. I highly recomend driving one... You def won't care about MPG's
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote