Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #79
RYNOMOTO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 197147
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2004 Subaru Forester
Java Black Pearl

From reading other threads, that is the best tune he can get at this time because of it blowing out the spark at high boost and richer fuel numbers.... HKS ignition booster is not enough..... he can't enrichen the fuel mixture to make more power and earlier without it blowing the spark out...

running STI coils and E85 puts a huge load on the ignition system..... when you consider that this was at 28psi and the target max goal was for over 35psi if he can get the ignition system to handle the fueling and boost loads....

this is another reason he is looking at one of the new Borg Warner turbos also, to get more powerband out of it....

Besides, I kinda like how it climbs 200+WHP per every 1,000 RPM above 6,000 RPM ...

And think of it like this, there are several 35R cars that don't spool well until 4,000 rpm and shift at 6,800-7,000 , so there is still only 2,800-3,000 rpm worth of powerband, just like this engine, it just comes in a little later....

Also, notice the Direct port N20 system....

It hasn't been used yet to help spool up the turbo sooner....

everyone knows that works well...

SLEDGEHAMMER!!!!!

I also like that rotated setup Shug!!

I may aim for something like that with a T67 and a cartech intercooler if I have room.... on a FXT..... For fun!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RYNOMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote