Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328048
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza 2.5TS
Midnight Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
While they undoubtedly did a piss-poor job, what they should have done is just handed you the wheel back without doing any work and made you clean it. Do you normally hand over your car with the underside looking like that and ask for an oil change?

I'm not trying to step on your toes at all, but why did you give it to them in that condition in the first place?
Telling me beforehand is exactly what I expected them to do. The wheel actually has a pretty light coating of silt, but all over the wheel - I actually took a lot of it off by just bouncing the wheel. It wouldn't have been heinously difficult to clean with a nylon brush.
I actually got them as clean as I could get them with a pay n spray wash with the wheels on the car before I handed them over. (It was a LOT worse beforehand.)
The biggest issue was the fact that they mounted/balanced it like that, without saying a word to me, and gave me a half finished job. If they'd have told me to clean it, there wouldn't be a problem here.

I assume the standard procedure is to brush the dang thing off at least. I knew it was dirty, but I figured they'd take the extra minute to brush it off cleaner than I could with it on the car... I don't think that's too much to ask, especially considering that I paid for the entire job, and cleaning the wheel for balancing is part of the job I paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty View Post
That looks like a hair/fiber, not a crack (it continues out in to the middle of the wheel, after the lip stops). I could be wrong though.
And yeah, that's some kind of small piece of rubber leftover from the tire installation. Not a crack. Here's a picture of it after a quick hose off.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Tmibiker; 01-17-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Tmibiker is offline   Reply With Quote