Old 08-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
fc3swrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2008 Sti
Blue w/ Gold BBS wheels

Default Link the absolute easiest to program..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan
Hi All,
Being new to LINK ECU tuning I have no clue what is what when what... if you get what I mean?
I can send my map, please could someone help out with a few guidelines on how to program this LINK as there is no support for LINK in JHB, South Africa... nice hey Anyways even telephone numbers would be fine...
I need some guidelines and best practises... Programming these things aint rocket science I am sure... Please help?

Many thanks
SanMan
Not sure what experience you have, have you tuned any stand alone or piggy back systems before? if so which ones, it might help us to help you understand the comparisons.

If not, then get ready to learn, it's not so much the link you need to learn but stand alone engine management theory. Basically the fuel and ignition maps read the MAP sensor and adjust fuel to the specified value in the corresponding cell. On the left is 0 thru 300, 0 is vacum and 300 is 30psi, 14.7 psi is 200, 100 is well 0. The ignition is the specified value +10. so if it reads 12 then it's actually 22.

depending on where you got the link you might try to find out what size injectors it had configured previously. From experience I was able to start my car configured for stock 440cc injectors with 740cc injectors installed, it did run like crap but you could at least alter it while it was running... shoot me an e-mail, I'll help as much as I can, I personally love the link... there are a lot of haters, but I've been running mine going on 2 years and it's never let me down once.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fc3swrx is offline   Reply With Quote