View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #34
black09wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 258108

So after a number of days I finally started bugging the dealership for an answer.

The lead mechanic was not available at the moment (he will be in again tomorrow if I want to call back), but the service guy I did have on the phone said he spoke with the mechanic who basically claims SOA hasn't heard enough complaints about this issue on the 09's, so for now they really don't want to do anything about it.

Heck, the service guy I had on the phone recommended that, should I replace the clutch myself (or have them do it) that I go with an upgrade. I asked him how that might affect my warranty, and he says, "Oh, I don't know about that. You might want to see if there is an 800# you can call with the gold warranty to find out."

I would be very surprised if that wouldn't void other parts of my warranty (say I blow a gear or two later and have an upgraded clutch--no coverage?)

So I'm between a rock and a hard place now. The car isn't driving quite right, and I don't want to destroy the current clutch completely and cause more problems and/or be stranded, and winter is right around the corner.

The thing that really ticks me off is I paid around $2,000 for the gold warranty with 0 deductible, and now I'm wondering what would possibly have to go wrong (that SOA would actually cover) that could even come close to making that worth while.

Does anyone here know if it is possible to "cash in" a gold warranty? I bought mine with the car--it's good for 100k or 7 years, and I currently have 2 years and 42k on the car.

Should I end up having to replace the clutch assembly out of pocket, and be silly enough to have the dealership do the work, what should I expect that to cost? I thought I saw a figure somewhere online in the neighborhood of $2,000 parts and labor for a whole new 09 clutch assembly--hope that figure was just a figment of my imagination...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
black09wrx is offline   Reply With Quote