WideBody
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329797
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2007 Outback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc82 View Post
SDC gets its own shipments in the port of Boston.

Test driving one depends on dealers as some dealers dont want mileage on new vehicles. I personally wouldnt buy a test driven vehicle myself.

Getting info on SDC orders is pretty horrible. This is from the contact I was able to reach in SDC for my order. SoA needs to contact distrbution of SDC for updates via emails. You usually wont get any information on your order until the ship is near the ship is near the port. Wait times can be extraordinary as well as my order is only scheduled to arrive at port on 10/23 after placing my order on 4/17. They are still waiting on the VIN at this time.
Well that's unfortunate on your order, but wasn't that after the deadline anyways? It can't really be helped if that's the case. The same goes for living in the SDC region, another one of the joys of living in this area I suppose.

I can understand the reasoning behind the "no test drives" rule if they're trying to keep joyriders out of the cars, but you're also dealing with relatively cheap consumer cars. It makes sense on an exotic 6 figure sports car, it doesn't really make much sense on a 25k WRX. Dealers should be able to tell who's a serious buyer who's not.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WideBody is offline   Reply With Quote