Thread: "Wind damaged"
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #11
brixity
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 109707

Wind damage is really nothing as serious as it sounds. Most of the time dealer reps and managers don't know how to explain this but since I consider myself a little bit more advanced of a salesperson here is my understanding. Wind damage the majority of the time means that the glass is pitted. In other words say you are driving on the highway one day and a little stone comes up and has ever chipped your windshield ever so slightly. This is pitted glass and yes you can see this with the naked eye but have to really look closely. The paint on the cars if damaged are obviously taken care of... what dealer is going to put a car on their lot that has paint damage? Ours wouldn't. Now to the main discussion, MONEY! Dealers receive money for taking these vehicles. Extra money that is to be passed down to the consumer. 9 times out of 10 the exact amount of this extra cash isn't disclosed to the customer. It can be anywhere from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand dollars. I'd say most of the time with my experience its anywhere around 1000 to 2000 dollars. Dealers will try to hold this money back and keep as much of it as they can to increase the dealer gross on the front end. The way I would go about it if considering purchasing a wind damaged vehicle is do a thorough inspection of the exterior of the car. The engine definitely and interior should have nothing to do with the wind damage. Then if its an honest dealer they should discount the car very heavily. MOST DEFINITELY UNDER INVOICE AFTER THE WIND DAMAGE DISCOUNT. If you have any questions post on here or PM me, the reason I know this much is because I work at a Subaru store in central NJ.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
brixity is offline   Reply With Quote