Newbie Moderator

Member#: 91347
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 Tacoma Crew Cab
2012 Triumph 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex View Post
This 100x. I showed up an hour early with a pre-bought ticket and still sat in line waiting to get in for an hour. Only to be fairly disappointed in the show it self.
When I go to concerts, I buy my tickets well ahead of time, because I only go to the most popular shows because I'm a super popular person. When I get there, even if there's people who showed up ahead of me with their tickets pre-bought, I just go to the front of the line. They're not as important as me so why should I wait? Right? Right? Guys? Beuller?

So you showed up an hour early with a pre-paid ticket.
Were you the first one there? Did you expect special treatment because you pre-purchased a ticket? Have you ever been to an event/concert/restaurant where you confirm ahead of time that you will be there? Because that's all you did by getting your pre-bought ticket.

When a show starts at a certain time, that's what time the show starts. Not before. It doesn't matter if you bought a ticket early. Gates at 9AM (or whatever) means gates at 9AM. If you show up early, that's your problem. It means you'll be the very first person to have to wait. Congrats!!

On the flip side, when you have 1000's of people descend on a single place at the same time, that kind of thing happens. Processing 1000's of people takes time. Many people pre-purchase. All that does is guarantee that they get a ticket as well as some of the perks of buying early (t-shirt included and extra door prize tickets at WBM).

PS - Back in the early days of WBM, 2005, I was one of the first groups to show up. This was back when it maxed out at ~450 people. me and my 6 car group showed up and parked in a side lot with about 10 other cars. When the gates opened, even though we were there early and first, the other cars that were all rolling in at the same time got in first. You know what we did? Nothing. Because we didn't whine about every god damned thing that didn't go our way.

The youth of today...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Loyale93; 03-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Loyale93 is offline   Reply With Quote