Old 02-17-2003, 04:16 AM   #1
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2272
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2019 Macan 4cyl
1993 Impreza FWD WRX swap

Arrow Issues with repairs/service and a dealership/repair shop? Use these 3 letters B.A.R.

Posted this on I-club, figured it would be worth while here as well:

I overheard a conversation the other day in class... One of the folks in my class aparently worked for a Honda dealership service department. Someone else was discussing something about problems with a dealership causing damage to a car or something, and she ended up threatening to call the B.A.R. on them ( http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/StdHome.asp ) and the dude mentioned that "If anyone ever brings up those 3 letters, we are told to do whatever to keep them from getting involved".
So, I just did some ressearch about The Bureau of Automotive Repair, and I remember that theve done some stuff in the past with bodyshops and free "checks" to see if the body shop repaired the car correctly after an accident, things like that... And ive noted how alot of folks complain about service departments (I had some issues recently too) so I thought having this availible would be good for some of us. So if you are in trouble, just mention the B.A.R. and if they still dont budge, file a complaint.

Anyone else have any experience in this reguard?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote