View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
yuletak
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3602
Vehicle:
2002 wrx silver
1992 kawasaki ex500

Sounds like warped rotors. Is the vibration coming through the steering wheel or through your seat? If it's the former, then it's most likely the front rotors, if the former then the rear. If it were a tire problem, you'd usually feel the vibration usually after a certain speed. Usually any time you do anything to the suspension/tires/wheels, it's a good idea to get an alignment done. Course, it's probably overkill for when you upgrade rims/tires, IMO. But in your case, I don't think it's the alignment.

I'm not sure what greyghost's mods are if any other than the bigger rims, but unless you do track days and the like, you're prob ok w/ just the factory stuff. One thing to keep in mind though is if you like to do runs up in the hills, when you get to the bottom, don't keep your foot on the brakes when you're at a complete stop. That's a good way to get them to warp because they'll likely be hot. You could try having a shop service the rotors, but that may or may not cure the problem in the long term.

I just checked the service manual for brake service. The only thing recommended for change is the brake fluid every 30k miles. Always a good idea to keep it fresh. It wouldn't hurt to have it changed every 2 yrs either as brake fluid absorbs moisture and that's no good.

Feel free to PM me as I don't check the board often.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
yuletak is offline   Reply With Quote