Scooby Newbie

Member#: 97476
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Aspen white

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFaceXC View Post
Will the glass pack hold up as long as the stromung itself. Also what size do you think I should get in terms of length and diameter.
Stromung is not using glass type insulator for their mufflers and resonators anymore, they started using a synthetic fiber based packing recently that they get from germany. I dont know anything about what it actually is but it is lighter than glass pack and the same volume resonator will eliminate at least 2 dB more according to Stromung. The larger the volume the more it outperforms glass. Im sure its pretty high quality stuff since I cant see Stromung using some crap. As for pipe diameter i know on NA cars it is crucial that you maintain the same diameter throughout the exhaust after the collector to maintain velocity... it may not be as critical with a turbo application but i think it would be better to match the pipe diameter to the rest of your exhaust than to have it larger or smaller on any engine. the longer the resonator the more it will quiet the sound in general... there are some physics about the specific frequency wave lengths matching the resonators but Stromung didn't seem to say that is something to consider when choosing a resonator. Give em a call, they are happy to answer ?'s.[/quote]

Thanks will give em a call.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kimoman is offline   Reply With Quote