Old 03-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #139
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Rear End of the car is pretty much complete. Rear parking brake is reinstalled. What a hassle that was, I absolutely hate drum brakes. I am so glad that they are reinstalled, and so glad our cars do not use drum brakes anymore. I had to go grab my dad to help, and use his muscle car knowledge to help get those pesky things put back together. And of course, after tearing the garage apart looking for it, I can not find one shim , the triangulaar shaped one that goes on top and the blue and yellow spring connect over. I should be happy though, after almost six months I have only lost one or two little tiny parts like that, so overall pretty good. All that the rear end needs for completion is the parking brake shim, and two new bolts to replace the eccentric oem bolts to adjust camber. These bolts are not necessary with adjustable lateral links, and they will not fit the spherical bearings on the Poltec lateral links. I tried a set of the Whiteline Toe Lock kit, but those are too thick to fit the Poltec Lateral Links as well. And as anybody that has dealt with Poltec will know, they are impossible to get a hold of. Another reason to only use reputable manufacturers in your build. This is one of the few parts that I purchased secondhand and definitely regret the decision, as I feel they are a weak point of my build. Through trial and error, I was able to see that the forwardd lateral link bolts do fit the Poltec links, so I will be picking up two additional bolts from the dealer. Learn from my mistake and upgrade to a set of MSI lateral links. I will be saving my pennies to make this upgrade in the future, as I do not have a lot of faith in the Poltec company, and with the lack of response from the company, definitely have concerns about the quality of the bearing used in their links.

Enouhg with my rant, Parking brake is on and another project checked off the to do list.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote