Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212379
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited 4dr
Spark Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preludecris View Post
i live in a gated community, so i have to see the guard when i come home, the guard asks me, "what year is your car?" i reply, "2013." He says, "dang they made the new kia nice." i said, "What? It's a SUBARU!" The guard felt stupid and said, "Have a nice day sir."
I shook my head in disbelief...
Now, while I DO get annoyed when CAR people (mechanics/customer service/etc) either at shops or dealerships don't at least have a ballpark idea of what my car is... I don't apply the same rules to everyone I meet.

I really couldn't care less if the general population on the street knows what make/model/year/etc my car is. Just because I care about cars (and even I can't identify them all on the road), doesn't mean others do. Seriously. Would you think it's fair if someone got upset at you for asking what new Ford they drove, and it turned out to be a Chevy? Come on.

I've mistaken plenty of car makes/models if they're either new or I've never seen them before. And Subaru (even though growing), still isn't that big. Get off your high horses.

I mean, yeah, sometimes it's a funny story because of something specific they say or do... but really, if you're just posting because you're upset or unsettled...

*awaiting counter-flame/rant*
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nti_hazard88 is offline   Reply With Quote