Former Vendor

Member#: 220868
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 STi Urban Camo
Orlando, FL

I'm gonna be honest.

I have no idea.

We didn't do any before and after dyno tests.

I will say this though. When I was getting our car tuned on the dyno we didnt use a water sprayer on our IC at all, we had the hood up and a fan blowing on it and that was it. The tuner had the car on the dyno and did many pulls, the last 3 pulls he was fine tuning it. We were edging up on 400hp. We were at like 389, 393, 395....soo close.

So he jumped out of the car, grabed a sprayer bottle and doused the intercooler. Hopped back in did the final pull and Voila! 403 hp. Just by cooling down the IC for a second with a blast of water gave us 8 WHP.

So...by continually keeping the TMIC cooler with heat wrap, shielding and water spray you can *gain* (or keep from losing) a lot of power.

There's also the added benefit of holding the heat into your exhaust manifolds, uppipe and turbo to speed up the exhaust gasses and promote faster spool.

We'll be wrapping our new exhaust manifolds, crosspipe, and uppipe in the next few weeks.

All in all, keeping heat in where it needs to be, and reflecting it from where it doesn't need to be has huge benefits.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote