Former Vendor

Member#: 26933
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundu View Post
What kind of timing were you able to run at that altitude on the c16 map? Being able to hold 20psi at 5k ASL, is strong....do you think it was due to the ext. wg? Would say an 8cm internally gated Green hold similar psi?

And this dyno software of yours, is it available publicily? How does it work, off of acceleration?

On the C16, the car is running 21-22* on spoolup and as much as 28* by redline. The amazing part is that it was still taking more and more without a single knock event, we just didn't feel the need to push it any further.

I actually would have expected this turbo to hold more boost, but I suppose 20psi is good at 5k ft. I'm not sure if the EWG is helping in that regard... all it was doing was staying completely closed .

As far as the road dyno software, this is something I developed about 4 years ago for my own personal use. I started with some other road dyno options available but was unhappy with some of their shortcomings so I decided to write my own. I don't make it available to the public mainly to keep the numbers and results consistent and trustworthy. Its just too easy for someone to do a pull down hill or fudge some of the parameters to get higher numbers. Once that happens enough, my own numbers will start to mean very little. Anyway, for the time being I have decided to keep this as a proprietary tool. I have offered services to people where they e-mail me some logs along with the necessary data, then I plot and send them the power curves.

-- Ed
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Equilibrium Tuning; 08-15-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote