Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
TheHighestCrew
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207133
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

thanks much for the informative replies!! and not just dumb "ibtl" statements. I do everything except for internal motor work on my car myself, much easier on my wallet. I plan on fixing this myself too.

The reason I jumped to theft is my car has been broken into twice before in front of my house this would be big # 3. I see scratches in the paint around the door handle trim and lock mechanism trim that weren't on the car yesterday. Also have had a late 90s/early 00s beige/greenish (ugly color) civic creeping my neighborhood the last 2 weeks, one day it was parked in front of my house and I pulled right up on his ass cause that is my normal parking spot, he took off as soon as he saw me. That was a little suspicious. After work I will take a much better look before I call the police and double check that the scratches weren't tree pollen marks. They looked like plastic with the paint scratched off but it was early and I will double check.

Its funny my car is one of the least expensive in my neighborhood, much nicer radios and things to steal out of the other ones, but they always seem to target my f**king vehicles. Never once successfully removed anything out of my car just managed to break things costing me money and damage my paint every time.

Either way theft or no theft thanks for easing my mind... hoping its just a matter of removing the door card and locating the hardware that fell off, then realigning and tightening it down.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheHighestCrew is offline   Reply With Quote