View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 06:25 AM   #1
sti rammer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37636
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Black with Silver rims

Thumbs up Yes!!! the possibility of STi with 16" fitting over brembos!

I have just faxed my Purchase order yesterday to Motorsports Specialties in PA(www.usacomp.com), the distributors of Compomotive (made in England, www.compomotive.com) wheels here in US. Allen Paxton and I spoke and Compomotive UK is currently in design engineering review this week and strongly considering slight modifications to their 16" * 7" version casting molds of the TH3 "run-flat wheels with the appropriate 48-50 mm offset range we need. The full intent will be for a strong, light weight 16" wheel to bolt on for winter use over the brembos with no mods.

I was the second person to place an order for 5 silver colored wheels per this information. Each wheel cost $310.00 +shipping Someone else in Montana seems to be the first. As others like Janq have noted, these wheels are the real deal for strength and reliability. If rally racers can trust them.....so can we.

Contact Allen Paxton or Belinda at Motorsports Specialties if you are interested or willing to fax in an order. (800-621-8408 phone, 717-786-3496 fax)

I plan on then ordering a set of 5 205 55 16 VR rated Dunlop Winter Sport M3 (Runflat variety). (see www.tirerack.com)

This should make for excellent fun!!!! and a little more rubber between me and the road on upcoming Michigan TSD rally events and SCCA Prorally event working.

I will keep everybody posted.......do I sense a possible group buy coming from those that live in the snowbelt or mountains??????
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sti rammer is offline   Reply With Quote