View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #293
sliders02wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 214004
Default replacing clutch alone. not an option.

I must say this is a great right up!

However: I will add a couple detail. Everthing came apart quickly except the tranny from the car in which I reinstalled the driveshaft guard ( the thing with 6 bolts in it near the rear differential ) which i used to hook two come alongs to to pull the tranny off the motor. Right or wrong this was the only way I was getting it off. And yes i did break about six heat shield bolts no biggy that was an easy fix.

Now putting everything back together,,,, Well. the install of the stage two kevlar clutch the 12lbs. fly wheel etc.. was easy.
lifting the trtanny backup into place with two jacks ( by myself mind you ) was no treat. I spent litterally ALL day trying this alone. to no avail. following the above instructions which were great btw.
at the end of night one I had my girlfriend help me only to discover the clutch fork was wedged behind the throw out bearing instead of in where it belongs.
so take it all the way back out to inspect that i didnt damage anything.
and had to call a friend over the next day to reinstall. it took him and I aboout an hour to reinstall tranny crossmemebers and half shafts.
put everything back together just fine. clutch works great.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sliders02wrx is offline   Reply With Quote