Scooby Newbie

Member#: 79175
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 FXT
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark@RealStreet View Post
I know I'm late to the thread, but do you trust 1.6 bar on pump fuel? That's getting up there, what type of timing figures would you run at that combination?

In reference to the original posted question. Higher compression ratios help with essentially every aspect of drivability. What it does is decrease the amount of horsepower you can make on a fuel of a given octane usually. If you were in a spec-fuel class or running only pump fuel, you will usually be able to obtain higher peak numbers from a lower SCR/higher boost combination. Your low end performance will suffer and so will your powerband in general.

A higher SCR/lower boost combination will have a superior powerband and usually have a better BSFC as well - use fuel more efficiently.

On a street car where you're not going for obscene power, I would go with a higher SCR and sacrafice some boost in an effort to have a car that's more fun to drive. If you want to lean on it get some VP Streetblaze 100 or C10 or something of the like and lean on the boost controller a bit.

This sounds more reasonable. So with this in mind what CR would you recommend and the amount of boost to utilize it?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rustyzipper is offline   Reply With Quote