Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 291770
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

So my VF-39 turbo blew last July. My initial plan was to go to a Blouch 20G and have some fun there. After months of research I saw that there are quite a few people running 11's with VF series turbo's and one well known person attempting 10's. My tuner made a comment that the VF-39 on E is quite a bit of fun AND I will make a good amount of power that isn't considered the norm for these small turbos. I was inspired.

So anyway, I don't quite remember how I came across these guys (Google maybe) but I am glad I did. I sent my turbo in on December 15th or so and I just got it back today. They did a great job on the turbo and I got all new lines and fittings. I opted for a basic rebuild with a PnP job and a Perrin turbo blanket. Basically I feel like I bought a brand new turbo. It won't be on the car just yet as I have other issues to contend with before I bolt her in but when I get it in and get her tuned I will be sure to post a review. FYI, I am planning on running E-85 in my STI and pictures of the turbo are coming shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmonster View Post
i called, called, called, and called some more. i didn't get any response until i left a heated message on their business voicemail. still to this day, the only response after the emailed reciept was the message attached to the ups tracking info. seems like communication is not their thing. on a side note though, i am pretty happy with the work they did on my rebuilt td04 with the pnp. the only thing that i wish they would have done better was to clean up the sealing surfaces to the up and down pipes. in the description they talk about resurfacing, but it looked more like the flanges were just wire wheeled or sandblasted. other than that, the PnP work looked really well done and the turbo feels great on the car.

They usually always got back to me in a reasonable amount of time, two days max. I do feel your pain about the whole communication thing though. There were a couple of delays on when my turbo would be completed which they never bothered to tell me until I emailed asking the status of my turbo. It did take about a month for my turbo to get rebuilt but I did send it to them right before Christmas.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Brown Ops is offline   Reply With Quote