Old 01-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #39
BrkngBnjmnFan
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 330971
Vehicle:
2005 STi
CGM

Yea I've had the same problem with them that others are apparently having with the lack of response. I emailed Jonathan back in the beginning of December asking how long it would take for them to rebuild my VF39 and add the PnP upgrade. He emailed me back a couple hours later stating that the current turnaround time for when they received the turbo to when it would be finished would be 5-6 days, but advised me that they would be closed on Dec. 17th and the 24th-27th. So I thought ok, sounds good. Since I just started school and wouldn't have the time to pull the turbo and reinstall it myself, I decided to just let a friend of mine do it at his shop and ship the turbo off to them. The turbo was shipped on Dec. 13th and arrived to them on the 18th. On the 30th I asked my buddy if he had heard anything from 6 Star and he said the last he had heard from them was either on the 20th or the 21st and all they said was it was in line, but didn't state whether it was in line to be rebuilt or to be ported. Then on the 2nd he texted me back and said that he still hadn't heard anything back from them. Apparently they took the whole week of New Year's off as well. On the 7th he texted me and said they FINALLY responded back and said my turbo was scheduled to be completed on that Friday, which would have been the 10th. I texted him the following Monday on the 13th and asked if they had sent him the invoice and tracking number for it since I expected it to be shipped already and he said they emailed him back and stated that they got a couple days behind somehow and that my turbo wasn't even finished yet and that it should now be completed on Wednesday, which would have been the 15th. They did however send him the invoice for the rebuild on the 15th and the invoice was paid that day. I texted him once again on the following Monday the 20th and asked if he had heard anything from them and once again he said that no he hadn't heard from them and that he had been trying to get the tracking number from them. I texted him again yesterday the 22nd to see if my turbo had arrived at his shop and yet again he tells me no, and that he still has yet to receive a tracking number from 6 Star. Then this morning he texts me and tells me that they finally emailed him back and stated to him that my turbo still isn't finished, and now they plan on having it finished and shipped out next Monday, the 27th. Now I understand that shops have delays from time to time, and realistically I figured the 5-6 day turnaround may have been a little generous, but I certainly didn't expected it to take this long. There's a good size difference between 5-6 days and what is going on 5 weeks now. Not to mention the multiple runarounds telling me that it's going to be completed and shipped on this day, and then to find out damn near a week later that it's still not done is upsetting and has me highly frustrated with them. I hate to give a shop with such a good reputation a bad review but at this point I feel like I have no choice.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BrkngBnjmnFan is offline   Reply With Quote