Old 04-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
95lwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96871
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
97 impreza L
greenish blueish tealish

Default 02 wrx hesitation/ poss fueling/injector issue?

Alright so i've had this nagging problem for quite some time now, pretty much since the swap. had Ron tune me a week ago, it never acted up on the dyno.

so i borrowed a scan tool from work so i could watch things while it was acting up, had one of the techs ride with me and watch the readings.

the car is getting too much fuel from somewhere, the short term fuel trims read pig rich when its hesitating, maxes out the readings on the front o2 sensor. the short term fuel trims read maxed out until the long term trims come down to 0 then it stutters real bad and then it comes out of it and then the process starts over again.

all of the other sensors were reading fine. so since the car the motor came out of was in a accident and sat at a ins auction yard for awhile it seems very possible that something is sticking or maybe a slightly damage o-ring or something.

so we got the car warm, pulled the vacuum line off the fpr and manually pumped it up so we could see if it was leaking, which it didn't.

so that kind of narrows it down to the injectors, as far as we can tell there isn't really anything else that could be causing this issue. so if anyone knows of anything else it could be it would be greatly appreciated. i am planning on getting some new injectors soon but i don't have the money for that at this time since i would need a new map also.

I am also getting misfires codes in all cylinders.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, ryan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
95lwrx is offline   Reply With Quote