Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Another maunally-a-retard loser who thinks manuals are the only way to shift. Please, stay ignorant for the sake of everyone's jokes on you.
Looking for a fight much, brodawg?

I bought a 2010 vehicle with an automatic transmission just this past month. I currently own a 1992 Legacy with a 4EAT and a '06 Mazda5 with a 4EAT. You missed the point of my comment entirely before you went off on your idiotic name-calling session.

The 4EAT being sold in the 2013 Subaru Forester is the same transmission that debuted on the 1992 Subaru Legacy. Yup, that was 21 years ago. The Forester is the only vehicle in Subaru's lineup still using that antiquated relic from the pre-OBDII days and it has been the only vehicle in the segment saddled with a 4 speed automatic as the only auto option. The Honda CR-V got a 5 speed automatic in 2004 (that's 9 model years ago, to those of you keeping score at home).. and the Toyota RAV4 got a 5 speed auto for the upgraded engine in 2006 (7 years ago).

The only thing Subaru has addressed with the Forester since it was redesigned in '09 was to add a seat height adjustment to the passenger side since the '09 seat was mounted so low that shorter passengers were getting motion sickness riding in them. It needs some serious updates.. and I pity anyone buying a '13 model because it's not competitive with other new car offerings.

Yes, the 4EAT can be a very durable transmission (assuming it has a cooler fitted)... but it significantly slows down the vehicle compared to a 5 speed transmission or CVT and hurts fuel efficiency (which is a major deal in today's market).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote