Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #1570
Impreza1228
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325234
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Pre CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
is it bad to actually put in the 5.3 qts?
Yes at least for my my first change. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2366664&page=2

I made frequent checks of oil level before I changed it and it remained full. I did my first change at 5140 miles. I know many people may disagree with going so many miles for first interval. However, it is synthetic oil and I live in NC where until only recently have we seen high temperatures. I do not consider these miles to be under severe conditions and followed guidelines proscribed in warranty and maintenance booklet provided by subaru. I broke the car in as recommended. The end of July would be 7 months since i bought the car, I decided it was time to change oil now as summer has set in. Now I intend to change oil every 5000 miles or 7 months which ever occurs first from here out. This is ahead of what Subaru recommends.

Now to answer your question when I drained the oil I checked and approximately 5 quarts drained out. So I put back 5 quarts to be on safe side in it was slightly below full level (1/8-1/16") ran car to normal operating temperature and it now shows full it has remained at this level with approximately 5300 miles now on odometer.

I drained the oil on low profile rhino ramps in my garage. Added 5 quarts pulled car off ramps to level concrete garage floor and preceded as described above.

I'm now at approximately 8000 miles 0 % consumption.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.