View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
nismonkey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235265
Exclamation CUSTOMS TO CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain run! Prescott to Jerome Arizona!

***NEW INFORMATION AS OF 3/9/10***

CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run! Prescott Valley, AZ to Jerome, AZ

This is the new ELEMENT added to this event. My friends at EMBRY RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY in Prescott, AZ are holding their 2nd annual car show the same day as our run. It is the CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS 2010 car show, and they have been kind enough to invite all those that have planned on going on the run to attend the show as participants or spectators.

There will be plenty of food, family fun & entertainment, & a good # of cars to drool over. The folks at ERAU are expecting a turnout of 100+ participants for the show.

Our original plans for the MOUNTAIN RUN will essentially remain the same. The only thing that will change is the rally point & departure time!!!

This is the general timeline for the day of the show:

8:00am - Gates Open

10:30am - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

10:30am-2:30pm - judging begins. Main attractions, 50/50 Raffle, lunch, Etc

3:00pm - Winners announced

3:30pm - raffle prize winners announced

Here's the run down for the MOUNTAIN RUN. I have this nice set of twisties right in my back yard here in Prescott Valley, Arizona. It is Arizona highway 89-A that takes you from the edge of Prescott Valley on into the history laden town of Jerome, Arizona. It's a huge tourist destination, with lots of sights to see, shops, & restaurants that are all well worth the visit.

Here is a link for more information on the town of Jerome:
http://www.azjerome.com/

I've driven this stretch of road several times since I've lived here in Arizona and it's tons of fun. The views through the mountains & valleys are spectacular, so bring a friend to sit in the passengers seat to take lots of pics or video...if their stomach can bear it! Those who tag along on this trip will definitely be hanging on to the "oh $#1*" handle!!! The road up to Jerome can be both relaxing & exhilirating depending on what type of driving mood you are in that day.

Here's a short Youtube video of a Ferrari & Porsche playing cat & mouse on 89-A on the way up to Jerome...
YouTube- Ferrari 328, Jerome AZ
So this is how it will play out...

-Saturday from approx 10am-3pm will be spent at ERAU's car show.

-approx 3pm we will start packing up & prepping for the MOUNTAIN RUN.

-once we get to the top of the mountain, we can spend the afternoon hours taking in the sights, smells, & sounds of the old town of Jerome.

-then the rest of the afternoon can be spent either driving to our respective homes or you guys could stick around so we can show you the town of Prescott & the infamous WHISKEY ROW...but that's a whole other discussion!!! :yesnod

Let me know what you guys think!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nismonkey is offline   Reply With Quote