View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
DieselOx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334906

I have a 2012 Outback, and I wish it had a stiffer '13 suspension. Subaru had to upgrade it to solve the wandering issue: in even a light cross wind, it becomes a bear to keep in the lane on the highway. I'll be changing as much as possible on mine to the '13 spec (springs/shocks, rear sway bar)

I also have a problem with the too tall 1-3 gears, but not enough to do anything about it, I just deal. I was too chicken to get the CVT; I don't want to be on the hook for repairs after 100k miles. When they break, even Subaru has to send them back to Japan to figure out what's wrong (they just put a new one in).

I'll take 30 mpg highway in an AWD 3400lb car with enough room for 3-6 foot adults across the back when I'm driving (6"1).

With a family with 2 almost teenagers, this is the smallest rig we could fit in. I'd much rather be driving a new Impreza wagon, it's way better car all around.

If VW made a TDI Passat wagon for the US, that's what I'd be driving right now. The Jetta is too small, and too dangerous (if the fuel pump grenades, it takes out $8k worth of parts).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DieselOx is offline   Reply With Quote