Old 10-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Manpants
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 370253
Vehicle:
2014 WRX

Default New Subaru owner - 2014 WRX Sedan

Hello,

Not sure if this is a good place to post this but I figured a newbie section looks like a good place and others have posted as well. I am recently coming from a Euro car scene (BMW) and had a very well loved E36 M-poster which I enjoyed. Times got tough and I went with a 2003 E39 (5 series) for about 3.5 years to keep myself out of trouble. I was doing good until the car started falling apart. No matter how much I put into it. Trans started going and my wife and I said "nope". A good friend of mine, a bugeye owner and enthusiast took me around to look for cars. I toyed with the idea of a WRX and a few friends (owners) encouraged it. Some were STI owners, some WRX. Well... my friend taking me on a used car tour brought me to a few used WRXs on the web to look at. All were beat, lied about, and or had something wrong that car lots tried to hide. I was sad about it but moved on.

Then the next day on our way to look at more cars (new and used) he needd to stop at the Subaru dealership for a part. I asked if he mind that I take a look at some WRXs which I considered out of my price range. Looking never hurts. Well, that was all it took.

2014 WRX Base with no options but oddly enough an STI short throw. I am now at 850 miles on the clock and loving each one of them. Sorry for the long winded post but I am pretty excited about the car. People that drive by in their Subies give me honks, waves, revs and smiles. Not used to that. Euro scene was... well.. rude usually.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Manpants; 10-27-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: pics
Manpants is offline   Reply With Quote