Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 146151
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru STi
Red

Default Shaver Subaru

A friend of mine bought his STi at Shaver Subaru a week after I bought mine. He decided that the car was awesome and the deal was so good he couldn't pass it up. He emailed several dealerships and Shaver came back and said that they had one so we went to take a look at it. When we got there they told him that they didn't actually have it but it was on a truck from another dealership and if he wanted to buy it they would have it by the time he finished the paperwork. Over an hour later he was done and they didn't have it yet so we decided to leave and come back the next day to get it. This is after they told him that he couldn't get the advertised $7k off unless he got some security package and some other things that he didn't want but he wanted the car and supply was thin so he signed for it anyway.

So finally, it comes in two days later and has a few issues. First of all when he signed the papers it said the car had 65 miles on it, when it showed up it had over 200 miles. They said that 65 miles was an estimate and that they didn't know how many miles were on the car. Also, when he test drove it, he noticed the alignment was messed up and it was pulling to the right so that ticked him off a bit as well. They said they'd either fix it then or he could take it to any Subaru dealer and get it fixed at his convenience. He did end up buying the car, and ended up getting the alignment fixed at no cost to him, but the whole experience really left a bad taste in his mouth.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
phlandry is offline   Reply With Quote