bknblk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 30055
Vehicle:
2004 Jeep Rubicon
BackinBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaslayer
The 5.4 second 0-60 is not Subaru's # either, that belongs to Car and Driver IIRC. The official 0-60 is 6.4 seconds.
The Forester XT according to car and driver is still 5.3 while the Legacy is 5.5, yet non of these cars have these problems. The drag racing ESX thing is just that ESX's thing. SOA is a sponsor of ESX, therefore they are simply promoting them. Americans love driving fast in straight lines, why I have no idea. And since you dragged ESX in here, why don't you PM Ali and ask him how many trannies/engines that SOA has warrantied for him.....

Both of these agruments unfortunatly peg the bogus meter with me. When the local dealerships Paint "5.4 sec. 0-60 MPH!! In letters about 15 feet tall on the showroom windows, they OWN THE NUMBER. I couldn't care less if they got them from Ms. Cleo.....

Second, if you really wanted these stupid young drivers to stop breaking your cars doing something it wasn't ever even remotely intended for, You wouldn't sponsor similar activities. SOA doesn't really care if they do, it's more money for them when the tranny craps itself. This national promotion of WRX dragracing sends the message loud and clear that SOA puts sales first, customer satisfaction/ car life second. It just says that if I come up with something, oh lets say underwater WRX racing and SOA thought it would sell cars, They'd do it in a heartbeat. Still don't get the picture??

Why doesn't SOA put all their motorsports backing into Rallying?? They've actually pulled back their partisipation in the one form of motorsports they sell good basic foundation equipment for. WRC got me to the Subaru dealer...

They want it both ways and will end up with nothing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote