View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
olddohc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 64659

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboedracer View Post
In the long run the 2.5 would be better. Is this goin to be a daily driver or straight track car? There are a ton of people making 300WHP on stock block 2.0 as well as 2.5. the STi block will make that 300 easy with turbo, tune, and fuel supply. Check out Unabomber's Manifesto has a ton of info and will prob answer your questions alot faster then waiting on a response. Even though it says no noob bashing people still will or just make smart unhelpful commnets.
Thanks man. And yeah I read the first FAQ but it seemed like it was just a lecture on "do you know how much 400hp really is?" lol
This is going to be my daily driver. Like I said my civic makes 400 but traction sucks. Im trying a wrx b/c its AWD and i do not think I will have any problem putting down the power. not to mention i can keep AC. In all honestly I would be happy with 320 at the wheels. So Im leaning towards the 2.5l STI swap. Can this be done in my 03 wrx for $3000? they are both EJ and im assuming the mounts are all the same.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
olddohc is offline   Reply With Quote